Services for Employees
Mail Services Location and Hours of Operation
Summer Sustainability Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00am-4:00pm (closed 12:00pm -1:00pm for Lunch) Friday 8:00am-12:30pm
EKU Mail Services will be closed Monday May 27th,2019 in observance of Memorial Day!
Mon-Fri: 9:30am-10:30am (hours may vary-please call first)
Summer Sustainability Hours: Mon-Thurs 9:30am-10:30am Friday Closed (pick-up and delivery only)
EKU Mail Services exists primarily for the distribution, collection and processing of the University campus mail and USPS mail. The contents of which are related to the official business of the university. Office materials are those dealing with some aspect of the university operations, which can be defined as being essential to the activities of the institution as differentiated from private business or personal mail. It is not available for the personal use of university employees nor for the personal use, private gain, or use by non-university groups for the advertisement of programs or political endorsements not sponsored by the university.
University Postage Meters
- EKU Postage Meters are to be used for official mail contained in EKU letterhead envelopes or packages with a full EKU Department return address
- The department org code must be present underneath the return address
- If your department org code changes, please contact us with the new org code and the org code it replaces
- Shipping internationally is now hassle free. You often need a customs form to ship overseas. EKU Mail Services has usually had these forms on hand however they are now electronic. To access this form please go to:https://cfo.usps.com/cfo-web/labelInformation.html. If you have any questions or concerns please contact EKU Mail services.
Personal mail is defined as any mail not related to EKU or your position at EKU such as:
- Utility bills
- Credit cards, other than an EKU assigned Pro Card
- Bank accounts not related to EKU
- Periodicals not related to EKU
- Gifts or merchandise not related to EKU
EKU requires that all employees receive their personal mail at home or at a permanent address. Occasional correspondence from friends and/or colleagues is acceptable. Your EKU address should never be given as your permanent address.
Address Change: Employees
- If you are moving to a different campus location, change your address inEKUDirect.
- Each EKU department is responsible for returning to sender or forwarding any employee mail once they have moved from the respective department.
- It is the responsibility of the department to determine if the mail belongs within the department. If not, it should be forwarded to the respective employee at their new campus address or returned to Mail Services to be handled as return to sender mail. It is not the responsibility of EKU Mail Services to make this determination or forward mail.